Monday, February 10, 2014

Missed 52nd Anniversary

On the 4th of February in 1962, my thirteen year old son, Bill Bane, Jr., cleaned the offices of Doctor James P. Leeds' in Indianapolis for the princely sum of $10. I usually mention the anniversary of our business on this BLOG site but medical problems got in the way this year.

The little weekly part-time venture was meant to supplement my income and help pay Bill's tuition to an expensive prep school he wanted to attend. Never in my wildest imagination could I have dreamed of the vast number of lives this little business would touch over the years.

Today, our service company has more than 60,000 central Indiana customers in its files and Bane-Clene ships merchandise to more than 9,000 professional carpet, upholstery and janitorial cleaners in 50 states and 15 foreign countries on 5 continents.

And it all began with that little $10 job ...... Is America great, or what!