Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Thoughtful e-mail

Subject: The Clene-Times® commentary

I love receiving the Clene-Times publication and appreciate the quality of product and service we have received from Bane-Clene® over the years. I truly respect Bill Bane and the ‘person’ he is, sadly a fading breed of gentle person who conducts themselves in a way we could all be proud to emulate. But I just have to make a comment on the most recent September issue I received. In his column “Noise, energy dependence and pollution” ...he says, “Let them know we are environmentally friendly. Bane-Clene systems use electricity and not fossil fuels to power our cleaning systems. This puts us out front in the fight against air pollution and our nation’s dependence upon foreign oil that we buy from governments that really hate us.”

I believe this is wrong because electric plants are a MAJOR polluter of our environment, most being coal powered. And, even those that are converting to natural gas could be considered polluters if you consider the fracking issues in this country that produce natural gas. So I don’t think I would be using this argument to persuade clients that electricity is environmentally friendly. I don’t think it is any more or less friendly than anything else used to create energy. It seems that even wind power has issues in other ways damaging to the environment.

I don’t know why this struck me but it did so thought I would share my thought. I do appreciate the quality company you run and hope you are there for many years to come.

Sincerely,

Dianne Humphrey

Hi Diane,

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the fact that you read what I write and that you take your valuable time to comment. And you're right! As I wrote that article I thought about the things you're saying and about including a mention of coal and oil fired energy plant pollution but decided to keep it on an equipment to equipment comparison. After all, we do sell against that competition and I guess I could blame the economic devil for making me do it.

In defense, we do eliminate a great deal of air and noise pollution at each customer location and that is really what I intended to point out. Thanks again for your very thoughtful and respectful comments.

Bill

©Bane-Clene® Corporation 2013 Reprinting or electronically publishing this article is strictly prohibited without permission from Bane-Clene Corp.

I'd like to hear your comments on this article.
Please e-mail me at wfbane@baneclene.com.