Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Recognizing opportunities

The recent flooding in the Midwest must have been what prompted this e-mail from a customer who does water restoration work:

A man lived in a house on the river and after a week of storms the waters started to rise. The neighbors evacuated to higher ground and a rescue truck came by for the man, but he refused to leave. "I believe in God. He will save me and my house," said the man.

The next day, the river had come into his home and into the first floor. As he moved up to the second floor, rescue workers came by in a boat and pleaded with the man to leave with them. "I trust in God," he said. "God will save me. I have no need for your help."

Then the waters rose past his windows on the second floor and he sat on the roof as the rain continued. A rescue helicopter came and begged the man to leave. "God will save me," he said. Finally, the waters rose over his roof and he drowned.

At the pearly gates he said to Saint Peter, "I was a devout man, living my life for God. Why did He let me die?" Saint Peter replied, “What are you talking about? He sent you a truck, a boat and a helicopter. What more did you need?"

©Bane-Clene® Corporation 2013 Reprinting or electronically publishing this article is strictly prohibited without permission from Bane-Clene Corp.

I'd like to hear your comments on this article.
Please e-mail me at wfbane@baneclene.com.