Persuading others is a good part of the owner’s or manager’s responsibilities in a Carpet Cleaning Company. The key in this is the art of persuasion; not fostering an argument.
The job will be made easier and more effective if you practice these basic principals:
- Personalize your presentation. Adapt your presentation to the personalities of the people with whom you are talking. Make sure they will relate to your words. Keep it simple and direct.
- Make it clear. We know what we are thinking and presume that others know what we are talking about. If you are talking to a Carpet Cleaning Technician about increasing “Plus Sales”, be sure they know which products fall under that category. As an example, “Carpet Protectors” as opposed to inclusive products like “Traffic Lane Spotters”.
- Reinforce your points. Back up what you are saying with facts and figures. Present an example to your Technician that for every $100.00 in “Plus Sales” they sell, they will make “X” number of dollars for themselves.
- Anticipate objections. They may say “I try but the customers don’t want to spend more money”. Try to imagine this and other objections before you talk to them and prepare answers for these objections.
on your ability to persuade, you may or may not be successful in your first
endeavor. However just as you want to persuade your employees, you may need
to persuade yourself to try again. A successful business owner knows this.
Related Information and Articles:
- Make More Money with Carpet and Upholstery Protectors!
- Plus Sales
- Selling Carpet Protectors
- The 15 Factors of Success in Carpet Cleaning Business
- Twenty Steps to Success
- What makes a company successful in the carpet cleaning business?
Thank you for reading Bane’s Blog®
Please visit our web site at www.baneclene.com.
The Bane-Clene® Team.
Free Bane-Clene Information Package
Free packet of information about Bane-Clene can be obtained by calling toll-free 1-800-428-9512 (U.S. ONLY!). Your information packet will include a full color catalog and price addendum. Packets will arrive in approximately 2 weeks through standard United States Mail.
You can also order the packet at the Catalog Request Form.