A true test of your Carpet Cleaning Company is how jobs will be done when you are not on the truck. In order to grow the company, every owner must eventually get off the truck. Hiring, advertising and calling on potential clients requires time off the truck.
In order to accomplish this, you have to hire high quality technicians. The way people work when the owner is not on the job reflects the difference between average and superior management and the results that are produced.
Successful owners strive to build a company that is superior. Your goal is to hire a technician with a willingness to be more than a carpet cleaner. Training should include courteous driving habits, good communication skills and the ability to “Plus Sell” without being pushy.
This is when the skill of the owner comes into play. You train your people to do a better job but you don’t do it for them. You are training them how to think and react on the job. You want them to be able to handle problems or other situations. You want them to have confidence so that when you are not on the job, they will know what to do.
While it may seem flattering if your people think you’re indispensable; ultimately, it is counterproductive to the growth of your company. If you train them properly and allow them to expand their responsibilities; then, your business will be on the path to success.
Related Information and Articles:
- ABCs of Advertising
- Add-On Sales
- Advertising - the Essential Element
- Bait and Switch
- Building Your Own Carpet Cleaning Business
- Eleven Commandments of Good Business
- Pricing Your Carpet Cleaning Service
- Recruiting Tips for Hiring Employees for Your Carpet Cleaning Business
- Sales Aids, Brochures, Mailers for Carpet Cleaning Companies
- Sell Maintenance Programs
- The 15 Factors of Success in Carpet Cleaning Business
- Training for Cleaning Professional Companies
- Twenty Steps to Success
- What Makes a Company Successful in the Carpet Cleaning Business?
- Why Doesn’t My Advertising Work?
Thank you for reading Bane’s Blog®
Please visit our web site at www.baneclene.com.
The Bane-Clene® Team.
Free Bane-Clene Information Package
Free packet of information about Bane-Clene can be obtained by calling toll-free 1-800-428-9512 (U.S. ONLY!). Your information packet will include a full color catalog and price addendum. Packets will arrive in approximately 2 weeks through standard United States Mail.
You can also order the packet at the Catalog Request Form.