There are two ways you can get your employees to do what you want, either by Compulsion or Persuasion.
Compulsion is the method of forcing people to do something. Certainly you want your employees to behave and act in a certain way, but forcing them to do so may not work. Their actions may come across as fake or insincere to your customer.
Persuasion is the method of influencing your employees’ attitudes and behaviors. Obviously, the ultimate goal is increasing customer satisfaction and ultimately the success of your Carpet Cleaning Company. This persuasion may be conveyed in many different forms: written instructions, spoken instructions, visual tools or the best way is a combination of all three. Also, having them attend training and educational classes geared to our industry proves to be beneficial.
To persuade requires an understanding of basic human nature and what motivates people. If you strive to possess this understanding, it makes it far easier to persuade them.
Related Information and Articles:
- Building Your Own Carpet Cleaning Business
- Customer Service in the Carpet Cleaning Industry
- Eleven Commandments of Good Business
- Four Characteristics of a Successful Person
- How to Own Your Own Carpet Cleaning Business
- The 15 Factors of Success in Carpet Cleaning Business
- Tips for Increasing Your Carpet Cleaning Business
- Twenty Steps to Success
- What Makes a Company Successful in the Carpet Cleaning Business?
Thank you for reading Bane’s Blog®
Please visit our web site at www.baneclene.com.
The Bane-Clene® Team.
Free Bane-Clene Information Package
Free packet of information about Bane-Clene can be obtained by calling toll-free 1-800-428-9512 (U.S. ONLY!). Your information packet will include a full color catalog and price addendum. Packets will arrive in approximately 2 weeks through standard United States Mail.
You can also order the packet at the Catalog Request Form.