Monday, July 30, 2012

STAINMASTER® lifetime warranty

Invista™ Surfaces, a division of Invista Performance Surfaces & Materials and owner of the Stainmaster brand, has announced a new lifetime warranty on Stainmaster carpets. The warranty covers all food and beverage stains, soiling, static shock and even pet urine stains. This all sounds good, but wait! Do you need a written warranty to make a claim?

New Stainmaster carpet was purchased for our bedroom in June and it looks great. I expect it to be every bit as good as or even better than the old Stainmaster that I've had in my family room for 25 years. But, just like the original purchase, there was no warranty or maintenance information given to me by the carpet retailer or the installer.

Since I've been in the cleaning business for 50 years, I'm often asked about my preference in carpet. I've recommended Stainmaster to my customers and friends ever since I wrote the first five-year report on it back in 1992. There has been a similar report written every five years. The carpet is still on our family room floor off the garage entrance and it looks good.

Most everyone in the cleaning business is asked to recommend carpet. With some of the cheap goods on the market today, recommending Stainmaster to your customers will protect your reputation. But be sure to tell them to insist on warranty forms and cleaning instructions when they make the purchase. I purposely didn't ask just to see if things had changed.

The CRI™ says a consumer survey revealed that most complaints about carpet involve cleaning. The hard fact is, cleaners are a distant third behind installers and retailers in complaints. Instead of CRI extorting money from cleaners and their suppliers for their bogus SOA program, they should instruct people who sell and install carpet how to do their job.

©Bane-Clene® Corporation 2012 Reprinting or electronically publishing this article is strictly prohibited without permission from Bane-Clene Corp.

I'd like to hear your comments on this article.
Please e-mail me at wfbane@baneclene.com.