Wednesday, January 09, 2013

E-mail from a "reader" about a Ponsi scheme

Dear Sucker,

Everyone who pays into social security should resent politicians calling it an entitlement. The money I paid into my social security insurance, if conservatively invested, could have allowed me a comfortable living for the rest of my life. The crooks in Washington have pulled off a bigger Ponzi scheme than I ever could have dreamed up. They "borrowed" the money from my social security trust fund, put it in the general fund, spent it and never intended to repay it.

A few of the benefits the politicians voted for themselves are free healthcare, outrageous retirement packages, sixty-seven paid holidays, three weeks paid vacation, unlimited paid sick days and unlimited expense accounts. That's a classic example of political welfare, and they have the nerve to call the social security retirement fund I paid for an entitlement.

The government is "broke" and can't help seniors, veterans, orphans or the homeless. But, we send aid to Haiti, Chile and Pakistan where they found bin Laden and to many other countries that hate us for being successful. Retired seniors living on a fixed income receive no aid nor do they get any breaks while our government pours hundreds of billions of dollars and tons of food into foreign countries under the guise of charity!

Bernie Madoff

P.S. And these crooks had the audacity to lock me up. Let me out and I'll run for President in 2014. I am a professional and know how crooks operate. You have my solemn promise to clean up the mess in Washington.

Somehow I doubt this e-mail is really from Bernie, but the points are well taken.

©Bane-Clene® Corporation 2012 Reprinting or electronically publishing this article is strictly prohibited without permission from Bane-Clene Corp.

I'd like to hear your comments on this article.
Please e-mail me at wfbane@baneclene.com.