Friday, June 21, 2013

Service

According to the BBB, nothing leads to a customer service meltdown quicker than using phrases such as “That’s our policy” or "Our policy won't allow that." Here's another sentence that should never leak from the lips of your customer service team, “There’s Nothing I Can Do about that” or one that's even worse, "That's not my job."

A response that is bound to get a customer's ire up is, "You'll have to speak with my supervisor before I can do that." In a good service company, operators are trained and given the responsibility of adapting to changing scenarios and fixing problems.

©Bane-Clene® Corporation 2013 Reprinting or electronically publishing this article is strictly prohibited without permission from Bane-Clene Corp.
I'd like to hear your comments on this article. Please e-mail me at wfbane@baneclene.com.