When a customer retains the services of a Professional Carpet Cleaner, they presume that the company possesses the necessary tools and skills to successfully complete the job. Many companies, including yours, use good equipment and chemicals. They send out trained courteous technicians. So where is the Competitive Edge?
Service businesses are people businesses. When all else is equal, the owner or owners running the business must set standards that assure a Competitive Edge. So what are some of the factors and standards that will set you apart?
- The proper advertising will educate potential customers about your company and the services you offer. It should be informative, to the point and always maintain a positive message.
- Whether it is yourself or a CSR (customer services representative), a trained well informed person should answer your phone and be prepared to handle incoming calls in a professional manner. A potential customers’ time is valuable, show them you respect that. While sometimes voice mail or message centers may be needed, avoid making it your “normal” way of communicating with your customers.
- When your customers see your trucks and technicians, do they see “clean”? Your truck is the first visual perception of your company and your technicians are the second. Make sure everything and everyone is neat, clean and professional looking.
- Unless it was done by the CSR during the initial phone contact, be sure your technicians advise the customer of additional services you may offer such as treatments for carpet and fabric protector. Also, if appropriate, treatments for pet odors and or special stain removal should be mentioned.
- Instructions on how to care for their carpets should be provided before leaving and technicians should thank the customers for their patronage and the opportunity to be of service.
- Leaving a “Thank You / Reply Card” is a professional way to show you appreciate your customer. Or another approach is to follow up after the job either by phone, e-mail or a “Thank You” letter. Any of these will show that you value them as a customer.
Related Information and Articles:
- Advertising … the Essential Element in the Carpet Cleaning Business
- Carpet and Fabric Protectors
- How to Care for Your Carpets Residential Carpet Care Brochure
- Image in Carpet Cleaning
- Pet Odors
- Sales Aids, Brochures, Mailers for Carpet Cleaning Companies
- Stain Removal
- Telephone Etiquette in the Carpet Cleaning Business
- “Thank You / Reply Card”
- The Importance of a Well-Lettered Carpet Cleaning Truck - The best form of advertising for your business is to have your company name, phone number & job description on the sides of your truck or van.
- Uniform Badges, ID Badges, etc. for Carpet Cleaners - Look like a professional - Stand above your competitors
Commit to these simple but important efforts and it will give you the Competitive Edge.
Please visit our web site at https://www.baneclene.com.
The Bane-Clene® Team.