Friday, November 30, 2012

My liberal friend

Playing golf with my liberal friend before the election naturally brought on some discussion of politics. At one point in the conversation he said, "Well, at least you're not one of those (blank) Tea Party radicals ." I ask him what was wrong with them. His reply was, "They're ruthless and want to control the whole political process. They're against everything progressive especially when it comes to women's rights. They want the world to return to the days of June Cleaver."

I told him I'd never heard any of that and they just seem to be interested in following the founding fathers and the constitution. Unlike the "Occupy Wall Street" radicals, when Tea Party members gather for a demonstration they always leave the place clean and litter free. At that point he went into a tirade on green energy. Arguing with a liberal is like trying to pick up a dog's dropping by the clean end.

©Bane-Clene® Corporation 2012 Reprinting or electronically publishing this article is strictly prohibited without permission from Bane-Clene Corp.

I'd like to hear your comments on this article.
Please e-mail me at wfbane@baneclene.com.