Wednesday, November 21, 2012

What does a carpet cleaner do on his day off?

The answer is watch a half-hour television infomercial by Rug Doctor®. It was interesting how they make all of their competition look bad in the demonstration. The woman in the infomercial cringed at the dust mites and germs the host said were in that carpet. She said, "They give me the creeps." I wonder how many were discouraged from buying new carpet by that statement.

To encourage buying their machine, they said carpet should be cleaned every ninety days. In the real world the consumer cleans their carpets once or twice a year. In some cases, it is cleaned every eight years whether it needs it or not. But the thing that got my attention more than the rigged demonstration was that I didn't hear the famous Seal of Approval mentioned nor did I see the logo. And Rug Doctor is CRI's "Star."

©Bane-Clene® Corporation 2012 Reprinting or electronically publishing this article is strictly prohibited without permission from Bane-Clene Corp.

I'd like to hear your comments on this article.
Please e-mail me at wfbane@baneclene.com.