It’s important to listen to each prospect carefully and adjust your presentation for closing the sale.
By being prepared with several closings, you can fit the close to the prospect. This also allows you to try to close more than once during your presentation without repeating yourself.
Here are some examples of closings and how they will work with different prospects and situations.
- The simplest close is to ask for the order. This works well with decisive people.
- With indecisive people, it’s better to make a close on a minor point. Instead of asking for the order, you might ask them if they want carpet protector applied.
- With people who are dependent and passive, you may want to presume the sale has been made and start asking for details. Such as what day works best for you or what time can we start? However, this definitely does not work with independent and dominant people; they will likely show you the door.
- If you are dealing with a person that appears motivated by logical decisions, then a pros and cons balance sheet approach will help. List the reasons for having their carpet cleaned (pros) on one side of a sheet of paper and what happens if they do not (cons) on the other side. The pros will definitely outweigh the cons.
While the above closings may seem simple, they can all work when applied skillfully under the right circumstances. Naturally, your proposal must appeal to the prospect to begin with. But after that, the buyer’s personality will definitely enter into the picture.
The more you take this into account, the better your chance of closing the sale.
Related Information and Articles:
- Building Your Own Carpet Cleaning Business
- How to Sell Carpet Protectors
- Sell Maintenance Programs
- Sell The Sizzle
- The 15 Factors of Success in Carpet Cleaning Business
- Tips for Increasing Your Carpet Cleaning Business
- Training Programs for Carpet Cleaning Companies, Owners and Technicians - Expand Your Knowledge!
- What Makes a Company Successful in the Carpet Cleaning Business?
Related Advertising and Sales Aids Products:
- Course to Success Video - Advertising, Marketing & Sales DVD's
- Jimmie Brochure
- Just A Reminder Postcard
- Soiled Carpet Brochure
- Sta-Clene Lasting Beauty Brochures
- “We Can’t Promise” This Brochure and Self-Mailer
Thank you for reading Bane’s Blog®
Please visit our web site at www.baneclene.com.
The Bane-Clene® Team.
Free Bane-Clene Information Package
Free packet of information about Bane-Clene can be obtained by calling toll-free 1-800-428-9512 (U.S. ONLY!). Your information packet will include a full color catalog and price addendum. Packets will arrive in approximately 2 weeks through standard United States Mail.
You can also order the packet at the Catalog Request Form.