Most companies have lost customers; in business it sometimes happens. Some owners are philosophical about it. It’s bound to happen once in a while, so why worry about it?
However, a Carpet Cleaning Company which strives for high quality service and being a successful business will never be content with lost customers. Owners of these types of companies know that it takes far more time and resources to get new customers that to keep existing customers.
There are various reasons customers don’t come back. Here are a few:
- Death, it happens in all businesses.
- If customers feel that a company does not care about them, they will go elsewhere.
- Some companies are hard to to do business with. Are there long waits on the phone, or multiple prompts to answer before getting to someone who can help them? Or worse yet not returning calls?
- Unfriendly people. Are the people answering your phones rude and uncaring?
- The owner blames break downs of equipment and vehicles for late or missed service calls. People will go elsewhere if they feel a company has delays and interruptions.
- Poor professional image. Your literature, advertising, website etc., reflects a high degree of professionalism. But when you show up for the job your truck and equipment are dirty and your technicians are unkempt and disheveled.
- Staying in touch with customers. Unfortunately, no matter how good a job you do, sometimes customers just forget who did their cleaning. We are not like a restaurant, dry cleaner or other firms that customers frequent often. So it is important to stay in touch with them. Sending a “Just A Reminder” postcard is one way to do that.
Granted there are reasons for Lost Customers that cannot be prevented and are not your fault but be sure that you are not providing any reasons for customers to go elsewhere.
Related Information and Articles:
- Advertising the Bane-Clene Way
- Building Your Own Carpet Cleaning Business
- Customer Service in the Carpet Cleaning Industry
- Image in Carpet Cleaning
- Phone Courtesy
- Telephone Etiquette in the Carpet Cleaning Business
- The 15 Factors of Success in Carpet Cleaning Business
- The Customer Is (Still) Always Right
- There Is No Substitute for Service
Related Advertising and Sales Aids Products:
- Advertising Handbook for Carpet Cleaning Companies
- Consumer Postcards
- Just A Reminder
- Sales Aids, Brochures, Mailers for Carpet Cleaning Companies
- Thank You / Reply Card
- “We Can’t Promise” This Brochure and Self-Mailer
Thank you for reading Bane’s Blog®
Please visit our web site at www.baneclene.com.
The Bane-Clene® Team.
Free Bane-Clene Information Package
Free packet of information about Bane-Clene can be obtained by calling toll-free 1-800-428-9512 (U.S. ONLY!). Your information packet will include a full color catalog and price addendum. Packets will arrive in approximately 2 weeks through standard United States Mail.
You can also order the packet at the Catalog Request Form.